Friday 22nd January 2021

Today was a mild & sunny day with lovely clear blue skies, so I started my walk by checking out Captain's Pool.  Sadly it was virtually empty of birds but for the regular Mallards and Moorhens.

At the fields there were still at least 1000 Linnets present and around 300 Chaffinch.  Whilst scanning through some of the Linnets that were perched up in tress along the field's edge I also picked up a single Brambling amongst them.

Linnets (Linaria cannabina)
























Brambling (Fringilla montifringilla) with Linnets






















Along the wooded edge of the field I also recorded my first Ladybird of the year when I found a 7-spot Ladybird basking on a leaf in the sunshine.

7-spot Ladybird (Coccinella septempunctata)






















Also at the wooded edge I found two more fungi species for my site list, Yellow Brain and Common Jellyspot.

Yellow Brain (Tremella mesenterica)



Common Jellyspot (Dacrymyces stillatus)


No comments:

Post a Comment