Wednesday 8th September 2010 - Shenstone & Grimley

There was no sign of any of yesterday's migrants on the patch this morning but, there was a new arrival in the form of a stunning adult ♂ Redstart that was flicking in and out of a Hedgerow between the paddocks along Stanklyn Lane.

In the large ploughed field along Heath Lane there were 17 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and 12 Herring Gulls.



From Shenstone I popped to the former gravel pits at Grimley New Workings where I recorded no less than 5 Greenshank (a good count locally of this passage wader). Also of note were 3 Little Egrets, 1 Common Snipe and 2 Ravens. A Sedge Warbler was still present along the causeway.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the Redstart Jason. I'm still hoping to find one for the year list, but hopes are fading by the day now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know Warren. I didnt think I'd pick up another Redstart into September, it just shows. Whinchat would be nice tomorrow ;-)

    ReplyDelete