Sunday 9th May 2010 - Belvide, Upton Warren and Shenstone.

In the afternoon I decided to pop to Belvide for a change of scenery. Had a great afternoon there and saw 1 Wood Sandpiper, 1 Arctic Tern, 2 Hobby, 10+ Common Tern, 2 Dunlin, 2 Common Sandpiper, Redshank, Oystercatcher, 4 Little Ringed Plover, ♂ Goldeneye, ♂ Wigeon and 2 Shellduck. There were also good numbers of Garden Warbler and Sedge Warbler present. Not being a regular there, and only visiting periodically, I would like to thank the lads there for being so welcoming.



Early evening, my wife (Bev), and I popped to Upton Warren to see the Long-eared Owl that was roosting at the edge of the Moors Pool reedbed. Great views were had (see below photo) and we were also treated to the 3 Greenshank that flew overhead calling loudly as they left the Moors.



Finally, on my way home, I popped into my local patch of shenstone...I couldnt let a day slip with out visiting. The Little Owl was still present along Heath Lane and a ♂ Wheatear was seen in Stanklyn Lane paddocks.

Long-Eared Owl - Upton Warren 9th May 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment