Tuesday 25th May 2010, Shenstone and Upton Warren

Things are getting pretty quiet around Shenstone at the moment, the only warblers I heard singing today were Chiffchaff & Blackcap. A flock of 60+ Starling were feeding in a field along Stanklyn Lane. 2 Buzzards and a ♂ Kestrel were also present. A ♂ Orange Tip and Small & Large White Butterflies were also seen.



In the afternoon I popped to Upton Warren Moors Pool to catch up with the 3 Little Gulls that had arrived earlier that day. I wasn't disappointed and was treated to great views of them performing well over the water. I always think, whenever I see Little Gull, what fantastic birds...so agile and Tern-like (is that a proper expression?). Upton Warren certainly seems to be the Jewel in Worcestershire's crown this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment