Shenstone Birder.......an old friend returns!

 After a break of over 6 years I have finally decided to restart my Shenstone Birder blog.  Why?  you may ask.  Well, although I moved on to a new local patch for a few years (Hartlebury Common), I never really stopped visiting the area loosely known by local birders as Shenstone (Stanklyn, Stone, Shenstone etc).  Having still visited each year, all be it less frequently, the area very much still holds a special place in my heart.  In 2020 with the pandemic and numerous lockdowns/restrictions it was local area that I could reach easily for my exercise walks and wildlife recording fix to maintain my sanity.  Doing so made me realise that perhaps for 2021 I should restart this blog.  

During the intervening years my interests in the natural world have diversified further and are not solely limited to birds.  You could say that I also have a fascination with invertebrates and this resurrected blog will also reflect this as well as focussing on our feathered friends.  Also this year I will be travelling further afield (when restrictions permit) for a variety of wildlife within Worcestershire and neighbouring counties.  So the blog, much like in its later years, will not just be about Shenstone or Birding.  Of course, I could change the blog name to something different or started a fresh once more but Shenstone Birder has a rich back history of 700+ posts and the name has a kind of special place in my heart as it was my first and most successful blogging venture.

So there you have it.  Shenstone Birder starts a new after a lengthy hiatus.  I hope you all find it as interesting as first time around and enjoy the upcoming posts (coming very soon).

Cheers

Jason


Corn Bunting - Stone, 30th May 2009



4 comments:

  1. Great to see your blog up and running again Jason, your blog was certainly inspiring enough for me 3 or 4 years ago and really got me interested in wildlife, especially local. Yes was good to see all those Linnets, perhaps another hundred or so been added since the weekend, still living in hope of seeing a Merlin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave. I'm sure you will connect with that elusive Merlin one of these days!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks John. I'm looking forward to writing and sharing these blogs again

      Delete