Sunday 12th June (evening) - Shenstone

I had been out and about listening for non-existent Quails this evening and on my way home I decided to cut through Shenstone to see if I could perhaps see the Little Owl again.  It was a no show but as I was driving past Stanklyn Wood (at approx. 9:50pm) a Tawny Owl flew across in front of me and perched for a few minutes in a tree at the roadside...what a result.  It is only the second Tawny that I've managed to see on the patch so needless to say I went home a happy man.

I've got no record photos of this particular Tawny Owl to post on the blog...so here is one I prepared earlier!

Tawny Owl

7 comments:

  1. Cracking shot nevertheless, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice record Jase :-) still need that one for the month's list here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dean.

    Warren, I was really pleased as I usually only hear them and not see them so this was a real bonus.

    Jase

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a photo opportunity, Jason! You were fortunate to be in a position to snap this owl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mike...this photo is one of my own but it is not a Shenstone bird. I have yet to maqnage to photograph a Shenstone Tawny yet

    Jase

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I realised after I posted the comment - still, never mind. I will just have to learn to read posts properly.

    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe...no worries Mike. I think we all do it at times when it comes to reading blogs.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete