Friday 14th Jan 2011 - Shenstone

Finally! I have transport again...so I was straight back out on the patch. I wasn't able to get any photos today though as the lighting was pretty rubbish.

I started today's visit at Butts Lane where c200 Wood Pigeons were in the stubble. 2 Common Buzzards were up and a Grey Heron was seen on the small drainage pool.

At Heath Lane paddock I recorded 42 Fieldfares, 30 Redwings and 20 Goldfinch.

Stanklyn Lane beet field held 53 Linnets and 10 Chaffinch. A Cormorant flew over heading W. Elsewhere along Stanklyn Lane were 2 Mistle Thrush, 6 Fieldfares, a ♀ Kestrel, a ♀ Sparrowhawk and a Common Buzzard. 2 Pied Wagtails were in the paddocks.

Earlier today a large mixed flock of birds were seen feeding in the stubble along Witch Lane. This flock included Greenfinches, Linnets, Goldfinches and Meadow Pipits (TMH).

No comments:

Post a Comment