Monday 10th January 2011 - Worcester

As some of you may be aware, I'm car less at the mo. So, as it was my wife's day off, we jumped on the train and went to Worcester for a bit of shopping (what joy!) and a bite of lunch. Little did my wife know that I had packed my bins and camera in my shoulder bag so I could use the trip to catch up with the Whooper Swan that has been resident on the River Severn in the city centre for the past week.

On arriving at the Riverside I was greated by the site of c.120 Mute Swans. Scanning across I picked up the Whooper Swan on the far side preening itself. After a few minutes it began to swim towards me. At one point it was only about 6 ft away allowing for some nice photo opportunities. I then decided to undertake a walk for about 1/2 mile or so upstream. Other birds seen along this stretch included 10 Tufted Ducks (2 drakes), 1 Cormorant, 2 Coots, 1 Moorhen and too many Mallards to count.

I then met back up with the other half for lunch and a trudge around a few shops...ah well not many shopping trips are this productive or enjoyable ;-)

Whooper Swan - Worcester, 10th Jan 2010:

No comments:

Post a Comment