Thursday 6th October 2011 - Shenstone

Things were definitely moving on the patch today and this afternoon's visit was fairly productive.

I started by doing my now regular Butts Lane walk.  During this walk I had 11 Meadow Pipits flyover heading South.  A Raven flew over heading SE and 18 Skylarks were flushed from the stubble field as I walked the public footpath.  A Kestrel and a Common Buzzard were also present

Stanklyn Lane was very quite other than the large flock (100+) of mixed Corvids (Jackdaws & Rooks) present in the Gallops field.  A single Jay was also noted along the lane.

Heath Lane was very productive today and there had been a good fall of 'alba' Wagtails in the paddock and the adjacent freshly ploughed field.  In total I counted 6 White Wagtails (Motacilla alba) and 20 of our native Pied Wagatails (Motacilla alba yarrellii).  Whilst on Heath Lane I also noted 1 Swallow and 3 House Martins all flying SW.

At Witch Lane the Linnet numbers have increased with a flock of c.100 Linnets wheeling about over the ploughed field.  There were also 20 Greenfinch, a Common Buzzard, a ♀ Kestrel and a Sparrowhawk present in this area.

Unfortunately the wind was so strong that I was unable to digiscope any worthwhile bird photos.

Thistle flower - Butts Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment