Sunday 12th Dec 2010 - Shenstone

My apologies for not updating the site as often as I would like, things have been hectic of late...its that time of year. I really should clear the backlog of posts I need to do so... I shall make a start...

Arrived at the patch midday today. The weather was initially sunny but slowly turned overcast. Temperature wise things were a little milder. I started my visit on Witch Lane where 1 Common Buzzard, 4 Fieldfares, 7 Black-headed Gulls, c.60 Wood Pigeon and a Meadow Pipit were recorded.

At the Back/Butts Lane triangle there were 13 Fieldfare, 6 Blackbirds and 2 Redwings in the Hawthorns hedge next to the A450.

Heath Lane paddock held 2 Robins, 1 Mistle Thrush, 1 Fieldfare and a Blackbird. Another Fieldfare and a Blackbird were in the Hawthorns at the bottom of Heath Lane.

On doing my walk around the beet field I saw 1 Common Buzzard, a ♀ Kestrel, 1 Jay, 1 Robin, 15 Fieldfares, and 29 Linnets. A Grey Heron flew over heading towards Captains Pool and c.60 Skylarks were flushed from the adjacent stubble by a dog walker. The Carrot field was quiet with the only birds of note being 2 Redwings and 4 Chaffinches. Stanklyn Lane paddocks held 2 Green Woodpeckers and 16 Redwings. A flock of 11 Long-tailed Tits was also recorded along the lane.



Also of interest today were 3 Blackcaps (2♂ & 1♀) that were seen visiting my back garden (BK). This is an excellent winter record as I live on a terraced street in the middle of a town. Last winter I recorded a single Blackcap and this was the first for my garden list.

No comments:

Post a Comment