Tuesday 21st Dec 2010 - Kidderminster

The 2 Blackcaps were again visiting the garden today. 11 Blackbirds, 13 House Sparrows and a Robin were also present. 14 Fieldfares flew over heading SW and a Common Buzzard flew towards the Bewdley Road being mobbed by a Carrion Crow.

The highlight today was a Peregrine that was seen perched on top of the old brick chimney stack at Weavers Wharf retail park. I can see this stack from the bedroom window and below I have attached a dodgy distant record shot (taken through the window). Double glazing, poor light, distance and digiscoping...not a good combination!

Peregrine - Weavers Wharf, 21st December 2010:

5 comments:

  1. Picking My turkey up early tomorrow morning, will keep an eye out for him !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was one in the kiddy area last winter that tended to perch up there...so worth keeping an eye out Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are dead lucky catching the Peregrine Falcon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. snap with the Peregrine today Jase, my pic wasn't much better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I could have actually gone down to the retail park with all my gear to take some pics but not with every man and his kids there doing the christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete