Monday 11th April 2011 - Shenstone

I got to the patch relatively early this morning (by my standards at least) at just gone 8:30am.  On arriving at Stanklyn Lane I bumped into Terry (TMH) and we did a tour of the various ploughed fields.  There had been a fall of Wheatears and in total we recorded 8 around Shenstone.  There were 2 ♂ Wheatears at Heath Lane and 5♂ & 1♀ Wheatears at Witch Lane.

Also of note today was the first patch Common Whitethroat of the year singing along Heath Lane.  Blackcap and Chiffchaff were also singing there.  A Willow Warbler was singing at the bottom of Witch Lane and 2 Swallows were also present.

There were c.30 Linnets were still present along Bars Lane along with 2 Common Buzzards and 2 Yellowhammers. A pair of Yellowhammers were also present along Stanklyn Lane.

There was no sign of any Curlew for the 2nd day running at Back Lane.

No photos today folks...like a fool I forgot to take my camera doh!

2 comments:

  1. A good blog to make you feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "like a fool" That`s 2 of us, Jason. I forgot to take my bins.

    ReplyDelete