Please sign this petition

OK, it's time for me to bang my drum again...this is something I feel strongly about and, if you love birds and wildlife, I'm sure you do too.  

Please help protect our Birds of Prey. Call for the iintroduction of offence of vicarious liability for raptor persecution in England.  So please sign this petition:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/23089

Scotland, recognising that those who persecute birds of prey frequently do so at the direction of their employers or others with vested interests, has introduced an offence of vicarious liability, the purpose of which is to bring those parties to justice. This petition calls on the government to introduce an offence of vicarious liability to bring to justice those who direct or turn a blind eye to raptor persecution in England. 
As an indication of how bad thing are, in the last year only four pairs of hen harriers successfully reared chicks in England, fourteen peregrine falcon territories failed on grouse moors in Lancs forest of Bowland, and only one successful goshawk nest was recorded in the Derwent Valley, Derbyshire. Current legislation is not enough to deter those who break the law and destroy our heritage; the introduction of vicarious liability would hit those directing the slaughter.
 

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't sign it, something came up and an error :Not known, error. Sorry Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know Bob. I've ammended the link. It should now work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive done that petition already, somewhere Jase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Warren...i guessed some folks will have but I thought I'd put it out there again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bob...much appreciated mate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signed elsewhere Jason! Good to see it still being highlighted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Pam...it's great that like-minded folks stick together and speak out for what they believe in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having read this I thought it was extremely informative.
    I appreciate you spending some time and energy to
    put this informative article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time
    both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!



    my site; Sac Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm
    looking to start my own blog in the near future but
    I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    My web site :: Bonuses

    ReplyDelete